RIGHTS - As a client you have the right to:
- Respectful and courteous services.
- Information regarding the program, and recommendations, including the estimated length of services.
- Have all transactions and records treated as explained in the document “Privacy Statement.”
- Information about client fees (groups only) explained.
- Coordinated referrals and transfers to other service providers, if necessary.
- Notice of changes in service or program recommendations.
- Assert your rights as a client without retaliation. If you feel you have been mistreated, please discuss the problem with your counselor. If the counselor is the reason for this complaint, ask to talk to the counselor’s supervisor. If you can’t resolve it after talking to the supervisor, you have the right to talk to the Executive Director. If you still believe that problem is unresolved at the Director level, you have the right to file a formal complaint with the Minnesota Board of Social Work and/or Office of Mental health Practice, Minnesota Department of Health, 2829 University Avneue, SE, Suite 340, Minneapolis, MN 55414, (6120 617-2105.
- Discuss with the counselor his/her education and training experience. Note: The State of Minnesota has not adopted uniform educational and training standards for unlicensed mental health/ social work practitioners.
RESPONSIBILITIES - As a client, we request that you:
- Be respectful of staff and others visiting our office.
- Come to appointments on time or call well in advance to reschedule.
- Do not come for services under the influence of mood altering chemicals, including
It is our intention to provide the best possible service. Please let us know if problems arise or if you have any questions. Thank you for your cooperation.